Thursday, August 18, 2005

Lunchtime Caching

After the horror of the Adams Amazing Race loss, I needed to get back to caching. I found several caches close to my office, so I took off at lunchtime today for one that's hidden in Whetstone Park. I go to the Park of Roses all the time at lunch to read, but I've never wandered on any of the paths in that area. This cache, called the Nerdy Smurf (why, I'm not sure) was hidden in a giant tree down by the river. Some people pulled up next to me in the parking lot as I was changing in to my hiking boots, and they watched me get out of the car with my gps and a camera. I then walked over to the edge of the woods behind the baseball diamond, and disappeared over the edge there down toward the river. I wonder what they thought I was doing? Muggles - they just don't get it. Anyway, the cache was only about 400 feet from that point, and I found it easily. There wasn't anyone in that immediate area, so I didn't have to be sneaky about it. Lunchtime caching is the COOLEST. Though I did come back to the office with dirt on my jeans and a leaf in my hair - do you think that looked suspicious?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home