Sunday, September 18, 2005

Luck O' The Irish

My friend Chris and I did a little caching in Dublin on Saturday. There are a TON of caches in the Dublin area, and a lot of them are puzzle caches. I think a couple of them were done by the same person that did the Grandview cache, and I just wasn't in the mood for defeat. I picked some of the easier ones, maybe because I needed to be sure of some finds considering I did not find one last weekend. We found 3 that were all hidden within a couple of miles of MAG. There wasn't anything particularly interesting about any of them, they were more or less just 3 caches I can put under my belt and log as 'found'. The first one was called 'The Castle of Aaargh!", and was located in some park in Dublin - I don't even know what the name of the park is. But we parked on the street in some housing development (after I almost drove down a paved walking path), and it wasn't far from there. It is always hilarious when the two of us are walking in a park and then suddenly just veer off in to the trees - we make a lot of jokes about coming back out with our clothes turned inside out. A couple that was sitting in the grass watched us walk in to the clearing, then go down to the creek - they could still see us, and when I found the cache I kneeled down to use Chris's leg for a writing surface, and then started taking pictures. If those people WERE watching, I'm sure that looked ... interesting. That cache was hidden in some sort of mini-castle at the edge of the creek. I don't know why its there or what purpose it serves, but it was kind of cool. The second cache gave us the runaround as far as where the hell we were supposed to park, but we eventually found it behind the Dublin USPS. There's a bridge back there that is pretty far up over a ravine - you'd never suspect anything like that was back there. The third cache was right off of a walking path around a fancy Dublin complex. Since it was so easy to find, I have to write a haiku when I log it as 'found'. I haven't done that yet, but maybe I'll post it here after I'm done. I DO love a good haiku. After our caches we got strawberry milkshakes and stopped at The Guardtower.. and if you don't know what that is then I'm not going to tell you. That is another very geeky subject worthy of its own blog.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Busted. "The Guardtower" Welcome to the largest gaming store in Ohio! Open seven days a week, we offer a wide variety in role-playing, strategy, military, board, miniature, and collectible card games.

http://members.aol.com/gtower5886/index.html

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home